The Federation of Associations of Regulatory Boards (FARB) is a not-for-profit corporation formed in 1974 to promote public protection and provide a forum for information exchange for associations of regulatory boards and their affiliate stakeholders with interests in professional regulation. It is a membership association which, based upon its public protection mission, is recognized as exempt from federal taxation under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
FARB’s mission is to advance excellence in regulation of the professions in the interest of public protection.
- To exchange information and engage in programs and joint activities with member boards and associations.
- To provide a forum for cooperation in solving the mutual problems of participating associations across jurisdictions and professions.
- To engage in activities to improve the standards of professions, the delivery of services, and the services of regulatory licensing agencies.
- To provide educational opportunities and legal updates for lawyers who represent regulatory boards.
- To share information of the education of professionals, including accreditation of schools, colleges, and continuing education programs.
- To foster communication and discussion about the latest assessment techniques for associations of regulatory boards and their members.
FARB, as an association of associations, is uniquely positioned to be a leader in promoting excellence in the regulation of professions by virtue of the depth of knowledge and commitment of its membership. These member associations are of regulatory boards across disciplines, jurisdictions, and professions. FARB’s branded assets, the Model Documents and the annual training events such as the Forum and Regulatory Law Seminar (RLS), contribute to the continual development of excellence in regulation for the purpose of public protection. In addition, FARB’s RLS focuses on the legal principals of regulatory issues, providing a unique perspective not found elsewhere in the regulatory community.
Beyond its Governing members (associations of regulatory boards), FARB membership extends to other entities.Supporting members are companies, corporations, and other entities that provide goods and services to associations of regulatory boards and their members. Affiliate members are non-governmental professional certifying or credentialing bodies. Regulatory Board members are governmental regulatory boards involved in the regulation of a licensed profession or occupation. FARB also has Individual members, who are individuals belonging to a regulatory board, governmental agency, or any other organization who has an interest and expertise in the regulation of professions and occupations, and who desire to support the mission and goals of FARB.
Our Bylaws and Our Current Strategic Plan:
Please click the links below to download a copy of our bylaws and our strategic plan.